Monday, October 7, 2013

Up close and Personal

This is the finished version of my project

I developed my ideas by writing down ideas and drawing thumbnails to visually see if the idea would translate good into a piece of art. I chose to do a planet because I thought the idea of a close up picture of something that is still millions of miles away seemed pretty cool. I showed emphasis by using shading techniques for the main planet and by making the moon very bright surrounded by dull nebulous clouds.  I chose to use chalk pastels because I loved the way they blended together. I first thought I would use oil pastels but when blending the colors got messy and didn't look as good. I think using chalk pastels really made my piece the best it can be because the shading is the main point and shading with chalk pastels can be really beautiful. The risks I made were trying to make the nebulous clouds because I wasn't quite sure on how to make them actually look like real nebulous clouds and how to show depth, all in all I think they turned out alright. If I could I would do them over because I would like to make them stand out a little more and show more depth than just flat on a picture. I think the main characteristic I used when making this was technique because the way of shading required a lot of technique because without it the colors would have smeared together and made brown and wouldn't show the actual shading. I am proud of my drawing and really have no regrets with what I chose to do and how I did it.

This is unfinished before I added the second nebulous cloud to add balence to the piece

No comments:

Post a Comment