We worked with a lot of cardboard and some random seashells and broken clay to look like sand or dirt. Our theme was oceanic or the beach. Ashley came up with the theme and I though it sounded fun to do. Most difficult part of this project was lining everything up so the marble didn't drop or get stuck. The marble travels through bent pieces of a cardboard like material. I would put more twists and turns for the marble if I could go back and do it over. Im most proud of the fact that it sticks to the theme and worked.
Land art is art that is made from things found naturally on earth that will eventually be blown away or decompose. I choose do make this my project because I wanted to do something fun and was short on time. Next time I would do more planning and try and put more detail into it.
We choose to do our portrait of Bob Marley because we both enjoyed his music and thought he was a very influential person. We knew we had to choose a very different form of material to complete this project and Heather was the one who thought do do it out of grass that we could grow. I loved the idea and that's what we did. The main risk we took was weather or not the grass would grow and if It did would you still be able to tell that it was Bob. I feel that the material had a connection with Bob because it was organic and made from nothing. Overall I am very pleased with the way the project turned out.
The kind of relief I used was carving the pages of the book to look like a 3D tree. I am most proud of the way the trees edges make it look like a real tree would. Not perfectly semetrical. If i could change one thing I would go back in and give it more depth in the center of the tree.
I took it in the direction of weather because I know pressure sometimes causes the weather to be the way it is. I always knew I wanted to use weather I just didn't know how to show it. I decided to do rain and snow. I think I showed texture successfully when creating the snow and making raindrops. One thing I would do differently would be to make another weather tile.
This is the painting I did for the sticky situation project. I got my ideas by thinking of situations that you wouldn't want to find yourself in, more than thinking of things that were actually sticky. I feel that I thought outside the box because I went for an approach on the theme differently than I usually would. I accomplished the task of using repetition by using lightning bolts throughout the painting. I chose to do acrylic paint just because I feel more comfortable using it, and I like the way it looks more than watercolor. During the process of this painting I feel that I've learned a lot about how to paint and different techniques.